Gemma Bain-Thomas Consulting Services
Mrs. Gemma Bain-Thomas is a Consultant in Governance and Public Policy and Independent Contractor.
Mrs. Bain-Thomas background has been in public administration; having served in a senior capacity in various ministries and departments in the Grenada Public Service over the last twenty-nine (29) years. She held the following senior positions in the Public Service:
- Secretary to Cabinet
- Permanent Secretary in the Ministries of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Social Development, Health and the Environment, Legal Affairs, Labour and Local Government
- Senior Administrative Officer in the Office of the Public Service Commission and the Ministry of Health
During her public service career, Mrs. Bain-Thomas initiated and participated in several public sector reform initiatives including the Value for Money studies, the training for the introduction of the new Performance Appraisal System, proposals for the regulation of private practice for medical personnel in the Public Service, the re-organization of the Ministries of Social Development and Carriacou and Petite Martinique Affairs, the strengthening of the Cabinet Office and securing of training for senior managers of the Public Service. Mrs. Bain-Thomas has worked extensively with international development partners and regional institutions.
As an Independent Consultant/Contractor from October 2017 to present Mrs. Bain-Thomas undertook the following short-term consultancies and projects:
- Communications Policies and Procedures - Grenada Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Credit and Loans Policy and Procedures – Ariza Credit Union
- Human Resources Policy and Procedures and Employee Handbook – Ariza Credit Union
- By-laws Amendment - Ariza Credit Union
- Review of the Draft National Health Insurance Proposal – Civil Society Organizations
- Review of the Status of the Agency for Rural Transformation – Civil Society Organizations
Mrs. Bain-Thomas has served as a Director on the Board of Directors of several organizations including the Grenada Co-operative League, the Ariza Credit Union Limited, Winfresh, the Grenada Housing Authority and the Grenada Solid Waste Management Authority.
Mrs. Bain-Thomas is the holder of a B.Sc. in Public Administration and Law from the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados; an LLB from the University of Wolverhampton, London, England and an MBA in International Business from St. George’s University, Grenada. Mrs. Bain-Thomas has attended several short-term training courses in areas of human resource development, strategic and corporate planning, and project management. She is also an Accredited Director.